.

.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Crazy House of Home Schoolers!!!

So I realize my title to this post is a bit....silly....
But, this year of homeschooling so far has been just that...CRAZY!
Lets start with this picture. It really says it all.
I like to title it..."Monkey On My Back"
She is everywhere and on everything.....AND she doesn't like sleep. At least not like I do! ;)

Our home school has definitely changed this year. Teaching Kindergarten, Second, and Third grade have definitely been challenging. I have questioned myself and what in the world I'm doing every day......
We have good days and bad days. Boring days and fun days. Hard days and easy days.

I definitely have to stop my mind from wandering the what if trail...."what if I'm doing it wrong?", "what if they should go to school somewhere else??" " what if I mess them up????"

Oh how I hate those thoughts.

Anyway, God reminded me of what He has called me to do. Not everyone has the same calling. I believe God has unique plans for everyone.

For me it's to  home school my girls. Monkeys on the back and all. It's to go through the easy days and falling on my knees thanking Him for His Grace to make it through the hard ones.....
I'm not perfect. I think I ask my kids for forgiveness at least 20 times a day!!

It's having a messy house and letting it go, having a mound of clean clothes on your bed and in your dryer at all times because for some reason we own like a million pieces of clothing that I can never get put away....whew...I hate laundry!!

It's laughing with my children, crying with them, playing with them, trying to humbly serve my family without complaining and asking for forgiveness when I fail to do that.....which happens daily in this house!  My poor husband!! haha

The life of a mother and wife are not easy. I'm reminded after a hard morning that God has a calling for me and He never said it would be easy.

These are my favorite verse to go to on days like today....



"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you future and a hope." Jer 29:11

"For my grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

I really do enjoy home schooling my girls. I'm thankful for the privilege and freedom to do it.

 Here is another picture of the "monkey's work" Yeah, Emma wasn't so happy about it either. :)

 The "Monkey" is at it again....she's cute.
 and she knows it! :)
 So for now we will continue to give her soda because.....it calms her.....right?!?
Who knows. If only I had her energy and ability to climb anything and everything. Oh what I could do in a day!! I would definitely be Super Mom then!! haha
 



Here's a music video from Selah....I love this song..."Faithful One". how true is that!

3 comments:

  1. Your girls were very worried about the "monkey" Sunday. I think that was the longest conversation I've had with them. They told me all about her being sick, how they were washing their hands (more than 3x a day!!!!) and taking vitamins to make sure they didn't get sick. Their very serious faces was the only thing stopping me from laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an awesome teacher, Jen!!!! And your girls are going to turn into wonderful young ladies who will be thankful for the time you spent with them.....if you don't go insane first :) HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete