.

.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lots and Lots of different things!! : )

So my children got a Wii for Christmas and are totally addicted to Super Mario Brothers!!! Mady loves to be "egee" (Luigi)!














Leah is continueing to do well in school. She is writing a lot!! We are still working on writing her name in cursive, but she mainly writes in print. She has learned to mark her vowels (long vowel, short vowel) and read the words! I am very proud of her and what she has accomplished this month!







So after being inspired by a few of my friends...I took the plunge and did a patch work backsplash out of scrapbook paper and......I LOVE it!! It adds so much color to our kitchen! It did take Tim a little while to get use to it though! : )
Who knows what project I will come up with next! I drive Tim crazy with all of my ideas and rearranging of things....he still loves me though!! : )







So I have been looking for a good chapter book to start reading to my girls in school, and I found Junie B.!!! I love it and so do the girls!!! We just

started reading this book on Tuesday. After we read two chapters, I have Leah write a two sentence story about what happened and draw a picture. She chose to write and draw about the playground. Junie B. was the first girl in her class to have a lose tooth, and all her friends were very excited for her. Junie B. let them line up on the playground so she could let each one of them see her tooth! Her excitment goes away very quickly when one of her friends tell her that she might end up looking like his Uncle Lou who lost all of his teeth


 except for one and it is really yellow and all he can eat is an apple! LOL......that was Emma's favorite part. She drew a picture of uncle lou and his one tooth, holding an apple. She's so funny!
Love doing fun things with my girls!! I'm looking forward to this fall when Emma start's Kindergarten and Leah the 1st. Grade!!! I might even start Mady with some K4 stuff.....she wants to do school so bad, and is pretty smart! Having two older sisters to keep up with helps with that. : ) She will be four next January anyway, so I am toying with the thought of starting her in kindergarten for the fall of 2013....we'll see!!






Please continue to pray for us!! Emma's surgery is coming up in 11 days!! I have been slowly talking to Emma about what is going to happen. We have talked about the big cast she will have and that she will have to wear it for two months. She took that pretty well when I told her she could pick whatever color she wanted and we could write on it! : ) We went shopping for some special shirts to fit over her cast (since it will go over her chest too :/ ) She is excited about her new shirts!
One of the hardest things I had to do was to explain to her that her "lefty" (that's what we have always called her left arm :) ) needs help. We have always encouraged Emma to turn her lefty, and have always told her how good she could do. This time I had to actually show her what lefty really should be able to do, and what he couldn't do. Her reply to me was " Your right Mommy, lefty can't do what righty can do, I think he needs help too".........As a Mom, I am struggling with the thoughts of her going under anesthesia for four hours, being cut open her entire length of her arm pit, having muscle cut from the front of her shoulder and moved to the back. I am struggling with the worries of, what if they slip and cut a nerve and she won't have any use of her arm, what if it doesn't work, what if something goes wrong, and I can not be there with her!! Oh this weary heart of mine!!! Lord forgive me!.....If I think about it too much I literally get sick!! I am struggling with my emotions. Those that know me, know that I'm not a really emotional person, but when it comes to my girls or Tim, I lose it. :/ Please pray for Tim and I, that we will be able to keep it together. I know that God is in control, and I am VERY thankful that He is! I know with out Him I would not survive this valley in my life!

"Come to me all you who are weary and burden, and I will give you rest, take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. " ~ Matthew 11:28-30



























2 comments:

  1. Such a blessing that she understands her arm needs help. That will make it a little bit easier on her. Praying for all of you in the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this verse: Job 5:8-9
    However, if I were you, I would appeal to God
    and would present my case to Him.
    He does great and unsearchable things,
    wonders without number.

    Watching your child go through surgery is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, it's true. But knowing that God is with you through it all and seeing it in action through the whole process is something I would never change or take back. Emma's story was written before time began- HE KNOWS how it will play out and how she will glorify Him with her life!

    ReplyDelete