.

.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Week one of Kindergarten and First Grade!!! 2012

This was our first week of Kindergarten (Emma) and First Grade (Leah)!! I wasn't sure I would survive Homeschooling two different grades and two different children : ))....AND finding something for my 3 1/2 year old to do without making her feel left out! Whew..that makes me tired just saying all that! 

BUT.....we did it and had a blast this first week!!!

Our school room table was a mess EVERYDAY! I think I need a bigger table : /...
This is one of Leah's reading papers.....word families..._in and _it......she likes to cut and paste : )
Emma's math page....color patterns...we are working on coloring in the lines ; )
This year I switched Leah to Saxon Math...I love it!! It is a lot more hands on, which is exactly what Leah needs! She is enjoying it too...math is her favorite subject....for now! ; )





Here is my cute little Mady Moo and her little birdy, scary monster is what she named it. : ) She made this  in art class today.....yes art class......I need to work on my creativeness.......my OCD gets in the way of me letting my kids have fun with crafts....But, I'm getting better! : )
 
Here is Emma and her birdy named.......birdy! lol

Leah is so proud of her bird, bird. : ) They are so creative in naming things......they still want to name the baby Jr Asparagus....: )
Here is a video of Mady saying her bible verse from this week! So proud of my girls and memorizing scripture! I pray that God would capture their hearts and they would cherish His word!

"In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth." Gen 1:1

In science we've been studying Astronomy! This week we have learned how God created the different constellations and planets. How the planets help hold each other in space, and how the different constellations can tell us when a new season begins, a new month, and much more! We are amazed this week how God created the stars and planets and how He had a purpose for them! Not just to sit up in space and do nothing......I enjoyed teaching my girls how God even has a plan for them, not to just sit around and go through life doing nothing for Him..........He has a purpose for them too.....and you! : )

We have had a good week this week and are looking forward to next week!!!

4 comments:

  1. Leah, Emma, and Mady Moo, Grandpa and I are so proud of you. You all are very creative . . . . we love, love, love your birds and their names. Mady, it is wonderful to hear you say your bible verse so loud and clear, because usually you are very quiet and soft spoken. Keep up the great work. You have the best teacher . . . mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Those birds in nests are precious- you are a good art teacher. We don't do art:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What curruculum are you using, if you don't mind me asking? It looks so colorful and fun:) I'm trying to find one for my 6 yr. old son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila~ I use BJU PRESS for kindergarten. In first grade I use BJU press except for math,I use Saxon. They have enjoyed it and are doing very well with it! : )

    ReplyDelete